Job Position: Head Baker
We are looking for a passionate Head Baker to join our kitchen team!
You love food and enjoy working in a kitchen environment. You take pride in your work and take accountability for your results. You take care and consideration when preparing recipes and strive to maintain a clean and orderly work environment. You are a tenacious learner and innovator but can still follow structured recipes. You lead by example – no job too big, no job too small. You have previous baking experience (required) and are ready to contribute to a growing team.
- baking bread
- prepping and finishing baked goods
- following recipes created by The Canteen
- recipe development and creative input
- maintaining a clean and FoodSafe kitchen
- equipment set up, maintenance, tear down, and cleaning
- quality control
- experienced in a kitchen environment (please do not apply if you have no baking experience)
- comfortable with physical work; lifting, repetitive movement
- a team player, enthusiastic and willing to learn
- available 5am-11am, Monday through Friday (schedule may vary for the first 3 months)
- efficient while paying extra attention to detail
- Food Safe certified
- excited about working for a small business that is ever growing and searching for innovation and new ideas.
$18/hour (starting wage) + tips with room for growth based on experience.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.